Notice of Nomination for Office Municipal Council
NOTICE is hereby given to the Municipal Electors of the TOWN OF BRACEBRIDGE that NOMINATIONS in the Town of Bracebridge may be filed for the offices of:
Mayor One (1) to be elected at large by all voters in the municipality
District and Town Councillors Three (3) to be elected at large by all voters in the municipality
Councillor (Bracebridge Ward) One (1) to be elected by all voters in Bracebridge Ward
Councillor (Monck/Muskoka Ward) One (1) to be elected by all voters in Monck/Muskoka Ward
Councillor (Macaulay Ward) One (1) to be elected by all voters in Macaulay Ward
Councillor (Draper Ward) One (1) to be elected by all voters in Draper Ward
Councillor (Oakley Ward) One (1) to be elected by all voters in Oakley Ward
Nominations may be made by completing and filing with the Clerk, the prescribed forms accompanied by the Declaration of Qualification, acceptable identification, and the prescribed nomination filing fee of $200 for the Head of Council and $100 for all other offices. The filing fee is payable by cash, debit, certified cheque, bank draft or money order.
A nomination must be signed by the candidate and may be filed in person or by an agent BY APPOINTMENT ONLY during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekends and Statutory Holidays excluded) beginning on Monday May 2, 2022 through to 2:00 p.m. on Friday August 19, 2022 (Nomination Day).
Any combination of the following will be considered as acceptable identification, provided it is valid and contains the candidate’s name, qualifying address and signature:
- An Ontario driver’s licence.
- A cancelled personalized cheque.
- An Ontario motor vehicle permit (plate portion).
- An insurance policy.
- A document issued or certified by a court in Ontario.
- A mortgage, lease or rental agreement.
- A loan or financial agreement with a financial institution.
- Any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada).
- Any other document from the government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or from an agency of such a government.
NOTE: Identification that requires the person to “write in” an address is not acceptable identification (e.g. Canadian Passport).
VOTING DAY is Monday, October 24, 2022
Dated this 2nd day of May 2022
Lori McDonald Director of Corporate Services/Clerk