Frequently Asked Questions

Have a question? Please let us know. Explore our Frequently Asked Questions or contact us for more information. Please monitor our website as we continue to post information regarding Municipal Elections. If you have any questions, please contact the municipal office at 705-645-5264, or by email at

Voting and Voters

Monday, October 24, 2022

The Voting Period opens Monday October 17 and Closes Monday October 24, 2022 at 8:00 p.m.

You may vote in the election if you reside in the municipality or are the owner or tenant of land or your spouse is a property owner or tenant here. You must be a Canadian citizen and 18 years old or older on election day.

You must provide proof of your identity and where you live. Even if you have your Voter Notification Card, you must still provide identification.

Please bring either:

  • A government-issued photo identification that has your name and address; or
  • Two pieces of identification (one that includes your name and the other should have your name and address).

2022 Voters' Guide, produced by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH)

Acceptable documents for voter identification

Check back here regularly as more resources become available!

Yes, you are able to schedule a session by contacting the Director of Corporate Services/Clerk, either by email at, or by phone at (705) 645-5264, ext. 3200.

Please see the link below for a sample presentation. 

Presentation for Organizations


View our Candidate information to learn about nominations and becoming a candidate.

You can also attend a free Information Session for Municipal Election and School Board Candidates. Potential candidates interested in running in the 2022 Municipal and School Board Election are invited to attend a free Candidate Information Session on Tuesday April 5, 2022, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. No Registration Required!

This session is hosted in partnership with the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing and will provide attendees with information on:

  • Roles and responsibilities of elected officials, staff and Third-Party Advertisers
  • Eligibility rules
  • Nomination process
  • Campaign finances
  • Compliance audit
  • Voters’ list
  • Scrutineers
  • Recounts
  • Resources

Nominations may be filed between May 2 and August 19, 2022. Attend this session to find out more!

Copy and paste the Webinar link to join:

Passcode: 435514

Or call in by phone:

(587) 328-1099

(647) 374-4685

(647) 558-0588

(778) 907-2071

(204) 272-7920

(438) 809-7799

Webinar ID: 837 4240 9294

Passcode: 435514

  • On Private Property (with consent of the property owner) - after 2:00 p.m. on Friday August 19, 2022 (Nomination Day).
  • On Road Allowances - beginning on Saturday September 24, 2022.

Election signs may not be placed on, in front of, or overhanging public property (including parks and facilities). All election signs must be removed within 72 hours following the election.

Please review the Election Sign By-Law before you put up any signs.

Yes, any eligible elector in the Town of Bracebridge is allowed to sign an Endorsement Form for a Candidate.

An eligible elector in the Town of Bracaebridge may sign an endorsement for more than one person seeking nomination.

"Lead Where You Live: A guide on running for municipal council," prepared by the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO)

Corporate Use of Resources During an Election Policy

2022 Candidates' Guide, produced by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH)

Check back here regularly as more resources become available!

Information for broadcasters and publishers, produced by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH)

Third Party Advertisers

A third party advertisement is a message that supports or opposes a candidate or a “yes” or “no” question on the ballot. It can be in any medium including print, broadcast, electronic platform, and more. It does not include issue-based advertising or advertising that does not incur a cost.

Third party advertisements cannot be made by or under the direction of a candidate and must include:

  • The name of the registered third party
  • The municipality where the third party is registered
  • A telephone number, mailing address or email address at which the registered third party may be contacted regarding the advertisement 

2022 Third Party Advertisers' Guide, produced by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH)

Information for broadcasters and publishers, produced by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing (MMAH)

Provincial Election

Municipal and Provincial elections elect officials for offices in two different types of government in Canada. Each of the two election administrations is governed by separate pieces of legislation. The following is a general summary of which offices are elected at each level of government:

Provincial Elections:
Electors will elect a candidate, which may or may not represent a political party, for their electoral riding (district). The elected candidate will become your Member of Provincial Parliament.

In general terms, the party leader of the political party that wins the greatest number of seats during the election, will become the Premier of the Province.

Visit: Elections Ontario for more information.

Municipal Election:
There is no political party association at this level of government. As an eligible elector of the municipality, you elect:

  1. A Mayor
  2. Three (3) District Councillors
  3. A Ward Councillor
  4. A School Board Trustee (School Board Trustee is not applicable for commercial property owners or tenants)

To learn more about the provincial election, please check the Elections Ontario site. 

You can also contact by

Phone: 1.888.668.8683

Scroll to top